This month has been a time of great blessings in my life. Thanks to the YAV program, I had the opportunity to attend my first psychological session. Although I wasn’t completely convinced at first, I discovered how valuable it is to be listened to by someone who knows how to guide you. It has been a revealing experience that has helped me better understand my emotions and how to manage them.
Additionally, we participated in the YAV retreat with Jenny and the girls from the volunteer program. It was a truly special moment, full of learning and connection. I feel deeply grateful to have people in my life who care about me and try to help me in the best way, even though they aren’t family. During the retreat, I learned that all our emotions are valid, something we often take for granted but don’t always know how to put into practice. Recognizing and expressing how we feel is essential, even if it’s not always easy.
In this special space, as a group, we established our agreement:
“To respect, support, and listen to one another, always assuming the best intentions.”
This commitment unites us more than ever and will serve as the foundation for building stronger and more genuine relationships.
There was also room to resolve misunderstandings among my companions and me. We realized that many of the conflicts came from our own internal struggles, which were affecting both our friendship and our group goals. Talking things through was key: it allowed us to forgive one another and, more importantly, to forgive ourselves for not knowing how to manage and communicate our feelings. After this enriching experience, I am confident that our relationship as a team will be much stronger, and our service will be even more meaningful.
To wrap up the month on a high note, we celebrated AETE’s anniversary. Although preparing everything was exhausting, it was completely worth it. We put so much effort into every detail, from the food to the decorations, and the result was wonderful. I feel incredibly happy to have been part of this very special event.
Without a doubt, this has been a month I will cherish with great affection, full of personal and community growth.

No hay comentarios.:
Publicar un comentario