This month has been a transformative time, filled with learning and valuable connections in my role as a volunteer. One of the greatest gifts has been meeting the AETE team, with whom I will have the privilege of working this year. Their hearts are aligned with the same desire to serve, and this has filled me with gratitude and excitement for what lies ahead.
On Saturday the 21st, we had our first community activity, an unforgettable day. We went to a church in one of the districts of Lima, a place that reflects both the needs and the resilience of its people. Our task was to paint a mural that represented the community’s call for better health services. But what made the mural even more special was that it not only highlighted the lack of access to modern medicine, but also how people turn to ancestral wisdom, using medicinal plants to care for their health. The message was clear: "Plants are better than pharmacies." This made me reflect on how, even in need, God provides through His creation. It reminded me of the words of Psalm 104:14, which says: "He causes the grass to grow for the cattle, and plants for man to cultivate, bringing forth food from the earth."
The activity was a joint effort between the Sunday school children and the YAV and AETE teams. The children, with their joy and energy, were the driving force that kept us going, even when the terrain and conditions became challenging. It was a reminder of what Jesus said in Matthew 19:14: "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." Their purity and willingness to help inspired us all.
Personally, it was a great challenge. The terrain was not easy, and at times the fatigue weighed heavily. But at the end of the day, I felt deeply satisfied. Despite the exhaustion, knowing that we contributed to something the community needed and valued made every effort worth it. As Philippians 4:13 says: "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." This experience showed me that, with faith, even the hardest challenges can be overcome.
I left that day with a heart full of gratitude, not only for what we accomplished together, but also for the way God guided us every step of the way. I’m excited for what the future of this volunteer work will bring, and I trust that I will continue to see His hand at work in every experience.



No hay comentarios.:
Publicar un comentario